As of midnight on 30th December 2020, Ireland is back on full level 5 restrictions for a 4 week period until 31st January 2021, which means the following:
- No travel or to take exercise beyond 5km of your home
- Work from home unless for essential work or other essential services where working from home is not possible
- Primary schools to remain closed until 11th January
- Higher, adult and further education to remain primarily online
- Early learning centres and childcare services can remain open with protective measures
- No visitors to your home or garden areas except for essential family reasons or those in your support bubble only. No social gatherings should take place.
- Essential retailers only from close of business on 31st December
- Gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools to close on 31st December
- Bars, cafes and restaurants remain open for take away food only
- There will be no gatherings, either indoor or outdoor, other than small numbers at funerals and weddings
- Religious services will be held online
- Public transport reduced to 25%
- Visiting Long Term Care Facilities has been suspended except for critical and compassionate circumstances.
The PUP payment and CRSS scheme will continue to be made available during this time. A double payment of the CRSS scheme of up to €5000 per week will be made available to those subject to the restrictions this week and next week. The EWSS scheme remains in place for employers who require support in paying their employees wages.
Businesses affected will be able to avail of commercial rates relief for the first 3 months of 2021.
The air travel ban to and from the UK has been extended to the 6th January and the ban has now also been applied to South Africa up until 6th January.
Full details of the restrictions can be found here Full Restriction Details
If you need any assistance in your business to prepare for these restrictions and a potential return to work we are here to assist. Book your free COVID-19 consultation today.